Software Engineer - Summer Internship 2021
Kolonial.no is the leading online grocery retailer in Norway, but as a company we are first and foremost an ambitious tech and logistics company. We’re one of the fastest-growing startups in the Nordics, working with huge, complex challenges to make the lives of our customers simpler and easier. Few (if any) in the world have truly cracked the code for online grocery logistics — but we’re getting close and with high speed. Want to join us?
To solve a completely unique set of complex problems, we are building a strong product and technology team, and a wonderful workplace for great people. As part of that, we give a handful of students a unique opportunity to join our tailored summer program for students in design, technology and data science. Are you one of them?
We look for interns who
- Loves programming and have a big interest in web development or DevOps and infrastructure
- Likes to work on challenging problems and solve them by using technology
- Preferably are completing their masters degree in 2022 or 2023
- Fluent in English. Ability to speak and understand Norwegian is a plus
The Summer Internship
- Cross-functional team: We believe that product and technology development works at its best in cross functional teams with a high level of autonomy. We like to work across functions to better understand which problems to solve and to create great results with actual impact. That is why our summer interns work in teams with engineers, data scientists and designers, typically with 3-4 students on each team.
- Real projects: We live and breathe to make sure that what we build actually makes a difference. That is why our summer students will take on important challenges with the goal to have made actual real products by the end of the summer.
- Mentorship and learning: Through concrete work in a cross-functional team on real projects that will make an impact, we will provide relevant and valuable experience, technically and professionally. We offer experienced coaches within design, engineering and data science, so that both you and we are left with important learning.
- You can read more about our platform and technology team at kolonial.no/tech.
What you can expect to experience from a summer with us:
- We have total control of our design and technology; from our app and touch points, all the way to the systems used in our Fulfilment Center, distribution, picking and purchasing. You will get to spend at least one day getting to know all parts of our value chain to see what goes on in each step; from incoming and picking to delivery and customer service.
- You will get a peek into what our product & technology teams are working with and an unique insight into our company strategy right now, and in the future 🚀
- We have several social events happening throughout the summer. We kick off the internship with a proper party, and there will be many opportunities to experience how wonderful Oslo is during the summer 🌞
- You will have your code in production during the first week at Kolonial.no. We ship to production several times a day and run code-reviews on all codes that goes to master. 😎
- You will get the chance to present your work at the end of summer and in mid-term demos where you will get feedback from experienced designers, engineers and data scientists. Throughout the summer we have team-meetings and sharing sessions to our expand learning and share valuable tips and tricks.
- You will get your own desk, chair, Mac and other equipment you might need in our modern offices in Nydalen, overlooking Akerselva and Oslofjorden. 🌞
- Join the kolonial.no team for lunch and get to know our great colleagues across disciplines. We believe good lunch is good business! 😋
Time and place:
The summer internship will be from 21.06.2021 to 06.08.2021, with the possibility to have one week holiday in July. We are located in modern offices in Nydalen, Oslo.
We are not planning on having a hard deadline, but we encourage everyone to make their applications as soon as possible as we will continuously evaluate and make hires as we find the right people. The summer internship 2021 will consist of a total of 8 people; 4 Software Engineers, 2 Data Scientists and 2 UX Designers.
As a part of our team you will be working with other enthusiastic, skilled and ambitious people in shaping and growing tomorrow's shopping experience. Recognised as one of the hottest tech-startups in Norway by The Next Web we are aiming to become world leading, and we invite you to join us on the journey. Come build the future with us!
Sounds like you or someone you know?
Bli med å revolusjonere en hel bransje
Siden starten har vi vært lidenskapelig opptatt av å bygge fantastiske kundeopplevelser og å tenke radikalt nytt innen bruk av teknologi og data for å lage morgendagens dagligvarehandel. På veien har vi blitt et sterkt Product & Tech-fagmiljø med en unik kultur. Vi har såvidt begynt.
Vår filosofi har ført til at vi har begitt oss ut på reisen med å redefinere brukeropplevelsen, teknologien og bruken av data i alle ledd innen dagligvarehandel; og summen av dette er en teknologisk plattform som er ganske unik i verdenssammenheng og som med enkle grep kan bli en ekte handelsplattform.
Vil du bli med oss?